Friday, October 17, 2008

Our new baby!




Well, it's been a while since we last updated the blog--but we had our baby on September 2nd! A girl! And we named her Annie Josephine. She's such a spunky cutie. :) She was born at 6 lbs 15 oz, 18 1/4 inches. Annie's 6 1/2 weeks old now, and we're starting to finally feel like we're adjusting to life with a newborn. It's been a crazy last month and a half. Annie was breech up until week 39, so we had a scheduled c-section. Everything went really well, and she's a very healthy baby! She's gaining weight well, and she's so alert now. I love watching her smile and laugh. Brant's balancing work and school and family time really well. It's so nice that we live so close to campus, and his teachers are very understanding. So I rarely feel stranded at home. Lots of afternoons I'll meet him at his office on campus with Annie.

The fall here is gorgeous! I'm loving the weather and all the beautiful colors. Leaves are starting to fall, and we go on walks around town a lot. Annie was blessed at church last Sunday, so Brant's mom and dad and brother Glen came to visit us. How wonderful that was! We traveled around the area, went shopping in Hershey, and visited Amish country. Having people here to help us with Annie was wonderful too. We see my parents a lot too, which I love. I'm so happy to be so near them. When I first brought Annie home, I was having trouble recuperating from the surgery, and my mom basically lived here with us. Now we'll go visit them in Gettysburg lots of weekends, and they come up to Royalton to see us too.

No comments: