Sunday, March 7, 2010

hello there!

This morning as I was busy with Sunday stuff, I walked by our kitchen window, and a little speck of orange caught my eye. Orange? We don't have anything orange in our backyard, I thought. I went out to inspect, thinking it must be a piece of blown trash from the road, but instead I was greeted by a most pleasant surprise!!




Our first sign of SPRING! Way to go, little crocus! Way to be beautiful!



 I don't have much of an idea what the lady who lived here before planted. :) I can't wait to see what other delights will pop up in our yard!

2 comments:

Kathryn Quinn said...

Coralee:
That's so wonderful that you were left with crocuses. You deserve them! Enjoy

Spencer G said...

I think Crocuses are my favorite flower because they are the first bits of color after long winters. After my first long winter in Japan--a good six months of just white--the first crocuses were absolutely gorgeous.