Sunday, July 12, 2009

My "Leg Lamp"

With my brother and sister-in-law in town, Cors and I found an excuse to finally get around to seeing all the local sights that we had been putting off for the past year. We spent a day amongst the Amish of Lancaster and stop by an antique store. It was there in a cramped basement aisle that I came face-to-face with my newest prized possession--Don Quixote!



It seems that an appreciation for this painting is an acquired taste--as I have yet met someone as enthralled about this picture as me! Only $10! When I brought the painting upstairs to buy it, the store owner smiled and said he thought no one would ever buy it! Awesome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brant,

That is an AWESOME find. Jason and I are bummed we missed going to see the baby with you and Cors, but it's been quite a weekend for us. Check out my blog to see why. We'll have to get together before either of us moves.

- Megan

Kathryn Quinn said...

¡Cuánto me encanta! And oh what dramatic music and lyrics it will bring to mind! I'm humming already and I haven't even seen it yet in person

Deon said...

fascinating....DEFINITELY fits the leg lamp category. good luck with that, Coralee.. haaha.