Tuesday, February 3, 2009

First Born

I stole this from Brianne's blog--I thought it was such a fun idea! :)

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!
Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? nope

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was really happy. Even though it was a surprise, I wasn't nervous. I felt really calm and assured that it would all work out. And I was super excited!

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely not.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Brant was the one who suspected it, and he kept bugging me to take a pregnancy test. I told him we had to wait until the end of the week. We went out to eat, and then I stopped by Rite Aid on the way home and bought a test. It was absolutely positive. There was no guessing needed!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Brant . . . well he was there when I found out.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Nope!

9. DUE DATE? September 8, 2008

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Oh, morning, afternoon, and night sickness. And everything in between. I was miserably nauseated for a good four and a half months.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nothing, really. There wasn't any food that sounded good. Everything just made me want to throw up. But once I was past feeling sick all the time . . . it was funny because I didn't crave even the stuff I would crave normally when I wasn't pregnant.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? being cold, feeling sick, my hips getting wider!

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? no, but I was sooo sure we were having a boy!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 46, baby!

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? 2 were surprises, 1 was planned



18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yeah, the baby was breech

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Harrisburg Hospital in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? none

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Brant


22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Brant, and a ton of doctors and nurses

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-section

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? haha, of course--they gave me a spinal block

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 6lbs 15oz

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? September 2, 2008

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Annie Josephine!

4 comments:

Carissa & Jonathan Kougias said...

What a sweetie! I can't wait to see her.

The Hulls said...

That was fun to read! Annie is so cute! You guys need to come over sometime!

Sharrard Family said...

She is such a doll! Too bad I'm not going to PA with Sheldon... I would have totally dropped in to see you and meet Annie! :)
Miss you!

Kathryn Quinn said...

I'm going to answer these questions for my second-born, Coralee.
1. planned? yes
2. married? yes
3. reactions? very happy
4.how old? 33
5. how know? I just knew;confirmed by doctor
6. tell first? Ann Rothlisberger
7. find out sex? not an option--but I wouldn't have anyway
8. due? Sept 13, 1984
9. morning sickness? none, but I was sleepy beyond belief
10. cold cut subs and chocolate milkshakes for breakfast
11. irritated? not really anything, but probably Thomas who was 1 year old
12. girl
13. wish for opposite? No because then we had "a millionaire's family"
14. pounds gained? low 40's
15. baby shower? yes
16. surprise? yes, I almost didn't go
17. complications? no a hitch, not even with delivery
18. where? Greater Baltimore Medical Center
19. hours in labor? I checked out at thegrocery store with Thomas in tow 2 hours before she was born
20. who drove? Bill, but the doctor had followed me home to be sure Bill was there. He was going to drive me if Bill wasn't there yet
21. who watched? Bill, one doctor one nurse
22. completely natural! one good push!
23. medicine? no. I only had one serious contraction before pushing. She was an 8 pound baby 19 months after a 9 pound 15 ounce baby
24. September 10, 1984
25.Coralee Ann Quinn

24