Wednesday, August 24, 2011

running in the rain

 . . . because she wasn't really singing or dancing in the rain . . . I'd say it was mostly running and splashing!







Showing me how wet her shirt was . . .



What Mabel and I were doing . . . watching from the safety of our rocking chairs. :)




Also, Brant started teaching this week! Here he is heading off to his first class and office hours. We thought it was an appropriate occasion to break out the satchel once again!



And, Annie wants me to post some more pictures of her cars and this block city. I I did think this was a particularly detailed and creative city she made. She sure does like her cars and blocks!



She told me she was especially proud because she used up every block in the box to make this one!


Hope everyone is having a great week! Since there weren't any earthquakes today to keep us busy, I went on two walks with the girls in the double stroller: one to the grocery store early this morning and another to a park up the road with Nancy and Anne! Mabel slept most of the time on both trips. Ahhh, the lulling sounds of weed whackers and motorcycles . . . I love living in a town where we can walk everywhere!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute post! I had to laugh at Brant's professor outfit...only because I'll be doing the same come Monday. Wish Brant luck and remind him that I'll be teaching right along side him.

Mabel is getting SO BIG! It's hard to believe that Elliott is only 2 months younger than her, but she is leaps and bounds ahead. Can't wait to read more of the adventures of Annie and Mabel!