Monday, October 25, 2010

bike ride along the C&O canal

On Saturday Annie and I loaded my bike up into the car and drove down to meet my parents for a lovely fall bike ride along the C&O Canal in Maryland. We were between the canal (which was mostly dried up) and the Potomac River the whole time. And it was a gorgeous day!


driving down . . .



Getting the bikes ready!



and here are all the pictures I took along the trip!







we stopped at a dam and lock for a picnic lunch.







here's the lock keeper's house!



picnic time!




then we hopped back on the bikes and rode a little further!






 It was such a wonderful day!



Then on Sunday we drove down to Gettysburg and had a birthday dinner for my dad with my parents and Thomas and Caroline. Everyone finished off with a rousing game of Royal Rummy. :)

No comments: